Who can beat Trump? Michelle.
REDONDO BEACH (CBSLA) — A 17-year-old Redondo Beach teen who had been missing after a boat crash on Lake Havasu was found dead Friday, Aug. 23, officials confirmed. The Mojave County Sheriff’s Office said divers located Adam Gomez just south of Thompson Bay in approximately 23 feet of water after going missing Wednesday, Aug. 21. The teen was said to have been missing after being involved in a boating accident on the lake. The case was being investigated by members of the MCSO Division of Boating Safety.
Disney has dropped new trailers, new posters and new cast announcements for a variety of upcoming projects.
A pair of armed robbers were arrested, accused of robbing a person at knifepoint in Visalia early Saturday morning, police say.
This is what dreams are made of: a “Lizzie McGuire” reboot!
“Soul” imagines that every human attends a pre-birth seminar where they’re given quirks and passions, director Pete Docter said.
A woman was hospitalized with several injuries after she was struck by a vehicle in Clovis Saturday morning, police say.
A 17-year-old boy from Redondo Beach who was struck by a boat in Lake Havasu was found dead Friday following a two-day multi-agency search, the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office said. Adam Gomez “departed from a vessel” while it was moving Wednesday and was struck by the vessel and its propellor, Arizona authorities said on Facebook. The teenager then disappeared below the water’s surface near Thompson Bay and did not resurface. Sheriff’s deputies responded and began a search for Gomez, who was found by divers under 23 feet of water at about 6:15 p.m. Friday. This case is under investigation. It’s unclear what led to the teen getting off the boat while it was moving. Lake Havasu is a popular vacation spot in Arizona that is known as a hotspot for diving and boating enthusiasts.
A former USC gynecologist charged with sexually abusing patients posted bail Friday and was released from jail. Dr. George Tyndall was freed just after 5 p.m. Friday on $160,000 bond. He was arrested in late June on 29 felony counts and faces up to 53 years in prison if convicted. The doctor is charged with assaulting 16 patients at USC from 2009 to 2016. Tyndall’s arrest was the capstone of a yearlong investigation that ballooned into the largest sex crimes inquiry involving a single suspect in Los Angeles Police Department history. The charges represent only a tiny fraction of the allegations made to police and prosecutors by nearly 400 women, and span just the final seven of Tyndall’s 27 years at the university. Read the full story on LATimes.com.
An Arizona rescue dog will make his film debut in Disney’s live-action remake of “Lady and the Tramp.” And he certainly looks the part. Monte, a 2-year-old terrier mix, will play the titular Tramp in the film, set to premiere on the Disney+ streaming service when it launches in the US on November 12, CNN affiliate KTVK reported. The pup was sent from a municipal shelter in New Mexico to Phoenix’s HALO Animal Rescue in April 2018. Monte was beloved among staffers for his good behavior and sloppy wet kisses, shelter CEO Heather Allen told KTVK. Monte was scouted by a group of Hollywood animal trainers, she said, one of whom adopted the affable canine. Despite his recent foray into film, Allen said Monte still enjoys a happy, normal life. His “Tramp” is voiced by noted dog lover Justin Theroux. A cocker spaniel named Rose will play Lady, Tramp’s spaghetti-sharing love interest, with voiceover from Tessa Thompson, according to Disney. D23, Disney’s official fan club, said the entire cast of rescue dogs found “forever homes” after filming ended.
Two stops along the downtown stretch of Metro’s Expo Line that were closed for construction work over the summer reopened for business Saturday, officials said. The Expo Line platform at the 7th Street/Metro Center station and at the Pico station were closed in June because of a $350 million renovation of the Blue Line, which includes track upgrades to improve efficiency and reliability. The Blue Line, which shares tracks with the Expo line, runs from downtown to Long Beach and remains partially closed. “The reopening of the two Expo Line stations in downtown Los Angeles is a step forward as we strive to complete the New Blue Improvements Project,” Metro Board Chair and Inglewood Mayor James T. Butts Jr. said. “I want to thank the Expo Line riders for their patience during this construction process.” Meanwhile, construction continues on the Blue Line’s northern segment between Compton Station and 7th Street/Metro Center. Three Metro bus lines — the 860 Express, 863 Select and 864 Local shuttles — will continue to replace train service until late September 2019. Read the full story on LATimes.com.
Thousands may have been exposed to measles by a visiting New Zealand teen at Disneyland, LAX and other locations, say local health officials.
Dr. George Tyndall, who has pleaded not guilty to assaulting 16 patients at USC, was freed on $160,000 bond. He faces up to 53 years in prison.
The Expo Line train will stop at the Pico and 7th Street/Metro Center stations once again.
ANAHEIM (CBSLA) — A new live-action “Star Wars” series is on the way. Disney unveiled the first look at “The Mandalorian” Friday at the D23 Expo fan event at the Anaheim Convention Center. The series focuses on a gun-slinger in the outer reaches of the galaxy, existing in a lawless time after the fall of the Empire. “The Mandalorian” debuts in November with the launch of the Disney Plus streaming service. Disney also brought out Ewan McGregor who announced he will be reprising his “Star Wars” role as legendary jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi in the series.
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — Two Expo Line stations in downtown Los Angeles reopened Saturday after being closed for the past two months due to construction. The Pico and 7th Street/Metro Center stations have been closed since June 22 as part of an ongoing improvement project on the northern portion of the Metro Blue Line, which shares a track with the Expo Line at the two stations. “The reopening of the two Expo Line stations in downtown Los Angeles is a step forward as we strive to complete the New Blue Improvements Project,” Metro Board Chair and Inglewood Mayor James Butts said. “I want to thank the Expo Line riders for their patience during this construction process.” Metro said the $350 million modernization project that began in January will improve reliability, enhance safety and improve customer experience on the Blue Line. The northern segment of the Blue Line will continue to be out of service until work is completed this fall. The southern segment of the project was completed on June 1. More information about the Blue Line Improvements Project can be found online at http://www.metro.net/newblue.…